Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Flu - Be Prepared

Wow, the flu has hit me twice in the last month.  Begrudgingly, I stayed late one evening in October and set up my sub boxes. Sooooo....  I was ready when the dreaded chills and fever arrived.

There is no worse feeling than to lay in bed all night wondering, "Am I really that sick?  Should I try to make it through the day?  How can I communicate with the sub all the things I need to tell him/her?  Where will she find the math papers, the science materials, the social studies maps?" 
  
Just bite the bullet and organize the sub boxes.  Include emergency information, a class list for attendance, a daily schedule, medical information that's pertinent (peanut allergies, etc.), seatwork, and a note telling her to continue on with the lessons in reading, math, s.s., and science from where we left off the day before.  Also, include bus information for dismissal time.

Let the secretary or a fellow teacher know where you keep the sub boxes.

Then take care of yourself.  Go back to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment