Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Duck Weather

Wow, the weather has changed.  Yup, it's November.  I planned a great outdoor activity and couldn't wait to get muddy, but then the wind switched, temps dropped, and the fog rolled in.  I thought, "Hmmm... let's just skip it."  Then I came to my senses.  Hello... it's not -20.  Just do it.  

We began our FOSS studies with containers and hand lenses while in the classroom. Once we had the basics, we headed outside.  We got to the trail and 8 ducks took off from the pond with a thunderous quacks and flaps.  We got right down to the nitty gritty of making bricks.  We used earth materials to squish and mush into foil pans to make our bricks.  We ran and laughed and splashed.  

Our units of study are Solids and Liquids (grade 2) and Pebbles, Sand, and Silt (grade 1).  Trust me when I say we could not have gained such insights indoors.


This duck didn't seem to mind us too much.











No comments:

Post a Comment